1. The Types of Information We Collect About You
When you enter and browse the website, we may collect two different types of information about you: information you provide to us, and information we collect through technology.
• Information You Provide to Us When you send an email to Summit or complete an online form (e.g., Email alerts), we collect certain personally identifiable information about you such as your name, company, address and e-mail address.
• Information We Collect Through Technology We also collect or log information that cannot identify you personally such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, which is assigned to you by your Internet Service Provider (ISP), and your domain name, which is the name of the ISP computer itself. This information is used to track and analyze the traffic patterns on the website, such as the frequency with which our users visit various parts of the website.
2. Cookies and How We Use Them
Cookies are small text files that may be placed on your browser when you visit our website. Cookies are used primarily for administrative purposes, to improve your experience with our website. For instance, when you return to the website after logging in, cookies provide information to the website, including personal information, so that the website will remember who you are.
Using the settings of your Internet browser, you can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. Consult your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you choose to turn off cookies, you may not have access to many features that make your browsing of our website smoother, and some of our services may not function properly. You may at any time delete any cookies set by using the relevant option of your Internet browser or by deleting the cookies on your hard drive.
If you continue without changing your settings, we will assume that you accept receipt of all cookies on the Summit website.
3. Use of Information We Collect
Summit does not disclose any nonpublic personally identifiable information about its website users to third parties. We will use or disclose personally identifiable information when we believe that such disclosures are required by law, regulation, legal process, subpoena, document request or governmental request.
We may use non-personally identifiable information to understand better how our visitors use the website, research our visitors’ demographics, interests, and behavior, improve the website, provide visitors with customized services and information, and for other similar purposes.
4. Protection of Information
We endeavor to protect your personally identifiable information. We use technical, administrative and physical methods to maintain the integrity and security of our databases, including firewalls. Please be aware, though, that there is no such thing as “perfect security” on the Internet, and third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. We will not be responsible or liable for any damages, losses or causes of action arising out of or in connection with the disclosure of your personally identifiable information.
5. Limitation of Liability and Disclaimers
IN NO EVENT SHALL SUMMIT, ITS SUBSIDIARIES OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS BE LIABLE TO ANY PERSON OR ENTITY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHER DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LOST PROFITS, OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION AND INCLUDING DAMAGES CAUSED BY ANY ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, OR COMPUTER VIRUS) THAT ARE RELATED TO THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THE CONTENT, MATERIALS, AND FUNCTIONS OF THE SUMMIT WEBSITE OR ANY LINKED WEBSITE, EVEN IF SUMMIT IS EXPRESSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THIS LIMITATION APPLIES WHETHER THE ALLEGED LIABILITY IS BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, OR ANY OTHER BASIS.
6. Governing Law and Forum
If you are concerned about the information you have provided to us or would like to review, update, or delete this information, please e-mail us at email@example.com. We will make reasonable efforts to comply with your requests.